Monday, July 25, 2011

Plastic Bag Ban

Starting August 1st, my city will put in place a ban on plastic bags in major retail stores. Reusable bags will be given out and a 10 cent charge will be placed on paper bags. City officials were apprehensive that businesses would be on board and wanted to postpone the date, but retailers have shown that they are prepared and ready. This is a huge change for my town. We are over congested beyond belief, and trash flies freely through the streets.I can't even imagine how much this will help our pollution and recycling movements. It is long overdue, but well worth the wait. I can already feel the frontier moving and this humble law, becoming the opened door that led my city into a renaissance of Green. The ball is rolling and I can't wait to see what change is yet to come.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I'm an infatuated girl exploring my life, my faith, and myself.

Followers